- Full Time Equivalent Salary (based on a 37 hour working week):
- £33945 - £36648
- Hull History Centre, Hull HU2 8BG
- Contract Type:
- Hull Culture & Leisure
- Closing date:
- 15 March 2024
- Short listing Date:
- 20 March 2024
- Interview Date:
- 09 April 2024
- For an informal discussion please contact:
- Martin Taylor
- Contact Telephone:
Hull History Centre is a ground-breaking partnership between Hull City Council (on whose behalf it is managed by Hull Culture & Leisure Ltd), and the University of Hull, and houses Hull City Archives and Local Studies Library and the University of Hull Archives, delivered to the public as a seamless service.
The History Centre has an excellent track-record of partnership working and innovative public service. We are looking to build on this as we develop our outreach activities and collections work after a period of adjustment following the Covid-related disruption. Key to this is our reapplication for Archives Accreditation this autumn.
Hull Culture & Leisure has an opportunity for an experienced professionally qualified archivist or librarian who wants to progress their career by developing their management skills and experience. We are looking for a Collections Manager to lead our team of archivists and librarians to collect, preserve and make accessible archives and local studies materials whether analogue, digitised or born-digital.
As Collections Manager you will:
- Deputise for the City Archivist where appropriate.
- Manage, lead and motivate the team of professional staff.
- Contribute to the development of History Centre strategy and service delivery plans.
- Make accessible the City’s archives and local studies collections in accordance with legislative requirements and standards, planning and managing delivery of archive cataloguing and other collections related projects using CALM, SIRSI and other appropriate software.
- Work with University of Hull colleagues to deliver seamless access to the History Centre holdings, both online and onsite.
- Promote awareness of the History Centre holdings through an innovative and effective approach to exhibitions, events, publications, outreach, digital media, and learning activities.
The successful applicant will have strong communication and interpersonal skills, leadership and team building skills, and robust knowledge of professional theory, practice and standards appropriate to archives AND/OR librarianship, together with a commitment to develop such knowledge of the other discipline.
If you have the relevant knowledge and experience and want to further your archives or libraries career in a more senior role, this may be the role for you.
Hull Culture & Leisure is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Hull Culture and Leisure Ltd reserve the right to close any recruitment campaign before the advertised closing date.
Please click on the 'Apply for this job' button to complete an application for this post. When you have submitted your application form you will receive an email confirming your form has been received.